Message sent from:

How do I pay for school Lunches?

School lunches are paid direct to the school dinner supplier via an envelope which can be found at Foxton Road Reception, you should write your child's name and class on the envelope with the amount being paid, this should then be posted in the post box marked school dinners to be collected by the catering company. Any queries regarding missing payments should be made direct to them. 

How do I pay for Educational Visits?

I need to take my child out of school for a period of time.

If you wish to apply for a leave of absence for your child, please make sure that you have referred to the Attendance Policy.

Absence requests: Due to changes in legislation, only requests in exceptional circumstances will be granted. Guidance from the DfE explains that these reasons should not be authorised.

  • Extended family holidays
  • One day trips to see relatives
  • Birthday or event holidays
  • “Educational” visits
  • Holidays to long haul destinations

If parents make the decision to go ahead and take their children out of school for a family holiday this will be documented as an unauthorised absence and fixed penalty fine may be issued by the council.  

How do I apply for a place for my child at Haslemere Primary School?

All applications are made through the Local Council admissions service. Please visit the Civie centre in Morden, or  directly via http://www.merton.gov.uk/learning/schools/changingschool/admissions.htm the borough will then contact you direct with a school placement offer.

My child has to attend an appointment, what shall I do?

Please notify the Office giving details of the time and date of the appointment.

On the day, collect your child from the reception area. It would be helpful if you could also let the class teacher know too.

I need to inform school of a change of address and or telephone number.

If you have moved house then please contact the admin team and pass on your new details.

It is very important you keep your contact details up to date with the school in case of  an emergency. You can contact the admin team by telephone 0208 6489660 or by email info@haslemere.merton.sch.uk Thank you for your cooperation.

I need to inform school of a change in my child's medical needs.

If there has been a change in your child's medical needs then please contact the admin team and pass on your this new information.
You can contact the admin team by telephone 0208 648 9660  or by email  info@haslemere.merton.sch.uk. The information will be passed on to Mrs Willcocks and the class teacher. In some cases a medical care plan may be necessary and so we will contact you to complete this. If you are unsure then please do not hesitate to ask.

If your child needs to take presricbed antibiotics during the day or any other medicine from a doctor please see Mrs Willcocks who will administer it and complete an authorisation form with her.
If you would also mention this to your child's class teacher that would be helpful too.
Thank you for your cooperation.

I wish to park on the school grounds.

Parking anywhere within the school premises is not permitted. Staff and visitors to school are the only people permitted on site.

In exceptional circumstances permission can be sought from the school by completing an application form that is then submitted to the Head teacher.

The criteria are:

  • The vehicle is transporting a disabled child who is unable to enter the school grounds safely without transport;
  • The parent or carer has a disabled badge that has been issued by a local authority.

Please make sure that you park in the surrounding streets responsibly, i.e. not blocking driveways, parked on or too close to corners, blocking walkways or crossings etc. We believe that neighbours to the school should feel valued and that they are treated with respect. This is obviously modelled to our children by yourselves and the staff. Brooklands Court is private parking for residents only and parents should not park in the private parking bays.

The council will issue fixed penalty notices to people who fail to comply with The Highway Code.

Thank you for helping us to look after the safety of the children in our care.

Where do I buy the school uniform from?

Our Uniform can be purchased from School Uniform Direct, Unit 12/13 Menin Works, Bond Road, Mitcham CR4 3HG Tel: 0208 646 1144  www.schooluniformdirect.co.uk

My child has lost an item of clothing, what should I do?

Clothing is expensive and we do our very best to ensure that any misplaced items are reunited with their owners. For this to happen successfully we do need parents and carers to ensure that all articles of clothing are named.
If we know that an item is named then we will be able to return it to your child. If it is not named then this makes it very difficult to return the items to their owners. We have several lost property boxes around the school that you can check to see if the missing item is there.

Hit enter to search